Life Less Ordinary for the week of April 4, 2009

I apologize for the delay in the shower devos this week. Even a chaplain needs a break sometimes! :) I want to share with you something from Rachel Sherer, our beloved ARD:


"Be Thou my breastplate, my sword for the fight;
Be Thou my armor and be Thou my might;
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tower;
Raise Thou me heavenward, O power of my power."

Dear, dear, women of God and sisters in Christ,
Some of you may recognize the above verse from "Be Thou my Vision" which is also the verse that we sang together on Wednesday's chapel.
I just wanted to share with each of you how amazing I thought it was that all of the women sang this verse.
We as women have this tendency to desire all of the above things in a man who can take care of us and I just challenge you to put God in that place because that is where He rightly belongs. Really, read over this verse and get a feel for what the author is saying. Are you trusting in God as much as you should? Is He the one you turn to? I pray that God will be your strong tower, whom you turn to in times of pain, confusion, and heartache. God is the one who makes us strong, and in Him we are confident - and that's when we can truly be the women of God that He desires us to be.

~~~

I think this is an awesome thing to think about in the context of the celebration of Holy Week. Picture Jesus riding into Jerusalem on the colt, the people laying down their cloaks and waving palm branches, shouting “Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Blessed is the coming kingdom of our father David! Hosanna in the highest!”

This is our breastplate, our sword, our soul’s shelter and our high tower. This is our Jesus, hope of nations and desire of our hearts. Amen, and amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment