Life Less Ordinary for the week of January 11, 2009

Hello everyone! If you are a returning student, welcome back, and if you are a new student, welcome here! In case you don’t know or don’t remember, I’m Angela, your Leadership Council chaplain :) I’ll be bringing you these shower devotionals each week on how to—you guessed it—live a life less ordinary for God.

I hope you’re ready for the new semester! It’s a chance to start fresh, start over, start anew, with the mercy and grace that God so lovingly shows us. No matter how much we screw up, how far we run away, or how harshly we turn our backs, he is always one step behind us, ready to scoop us up in his arms the moment we surrender. He loves us that much. No matter how bad things get, how far out of our control, or how helpless we may feel, he is in control and holds everything in the palm of his hand. He loves us that much.

I’m really excited to see the things that God has in store for us. And this semester, I want to do something different with the devos. I want to hear from you. Is there a topic or issue you would like to see? Something on your heart that you would like to share…maybe even write a guest devo? Have comments or questions, positive or negative? Please feel free to email me at angela.hoover@houghton.edu.

Also, I’ve posted all the past devos on this blog and will post each week’s devo as they come down from the showers. You can print them, email them, save them, or whatever! You can also leave comments there, including the option to comment anonymously.

As I said at the beginning of the year: Jesus came so that we might have life, and have it to the full. So why don’t we do just that? Let’s live life less ordinary!

~~~

Philippians 3:13-14 No, dear sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.

~~~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Angela for all your hardwork and for doing these devotions. I honestly find myself looking forward to reading these every week. Thanks so much for sharing all your wisdom and your writings too. I love writing, and blogging as well :). Thank you again!!

    Love,
    Kelsey Shaw (Gillette 119)

    ReplyDelete