Life Less Ordinary for the week of September 29, 2008

"Dreams and Aspirations"
By Shane Cooley

Never say never, it is a cursed word
I know there must be a haven for us all
Yes, there is still beauty in this world,
That keeps us goin', keeps us livin',
Makes us human, makes us somethin', yeah.

Don't give up now,
Yes, you have the power,
As clichéd as it sounds, it's true
Take a look around,
You will see there’s so many people
that feel just like you.

If you asked me what is the point?
What makes us go on?
I'd reply with two answers,
Dreams and Aspirations

We dream of love,
We dream of fulfillment,
And we aspire to make the world better, yeah.

And you may say I'm out of my mind,
That the world is all but bright,
Well I know the glass isn't always half full,
But enjoy the drink while you can...

Don't give up now, Don't give up now.
~~~
I love this song because of its encouraging lyrics. We all have pain in our lives—rejection, abuse, death, depression…the list could go on. But the good news is that we have a God that loves us and cares for us and understands our pain. He wants to help us. He wants to heal us. Don’t give up now. Run to him. He is waiting.

~~~

“The LORD heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” ~Psalm 147:3
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment